slideshow

  • \

New Seating

Monday, March 3, 2008








Mat on a Bertoia at the Museum of Modern Art Sculpture Garden!




I've been obsessed with modern chairs since my Mom photographed my childhood in a turquoise butterfly chair, and since design within reach isn't really within my reach I keep an eye out for them.
J found 4 Bertoia chairs in the trash at the MOMA when he moved art for a living in NYC, a Russell Spanner chair at a Goodwill in Dallas and 6 bentwood dining chairs from the Broncho Bowl in Dallas.
I found the Eames bucket outside a gas station in Manchaca (I think it was dumped from the old Adams Extract Building off South I 35) and a Knoll office chair at the Girl Scout Camp covered with white moldy vinyl.
Thanks to Garcia & Sons upholstery shop in San Marcos for giving these chairs a new life!

One Response to “New Seating”

D E A N N A said...

I love all of them!! You have such a cool house. Very unique.